With Halloween here and winter around the corner there will be plenty of vampires, ghouls, goblins and ghosts lurking around neighborhoods this weekend. Unfortunately and unaware to many, there is something even scarier lurking around neighborhoods. What’s this you ask? Non-reputable heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors. Choosing a reputable HVAC contractor can sometimes be tricky, but follow these five simple tips to make sure it’s a treat-
- Ensure the HVAC contractor has electrical and HVAC licenses in the state of NC. NC requires this by law for any service or equipment replacement projects. In fact, both electrical and mechanical permits are required when replacing your heating and air conditioning systems.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau to make sure the contractor has no serious complaints against their business.
- Confirm the contractor is properly insured to perform the work. Not only is liability insurance important, but also workers compensation in case any worker is injured on the job.
- Request customer references. A credible HVAC company will have many happy customers and most happy customers have no issue with providing a positive reference of their experience.
- Reliable contractors are professional. Their people are prompt and courteous. They should have an office or shop facility, and they should not be ashamed to have you visit them. An office or shop is an indication that the company has been in business and intends to remain in business.
Don’t let your HVAC service or replacement be a haunting experience, contact Putnam Mechanical at 704-799-3665! Our team is available 24/7!